Mercure Kooindah Waters Golf and Spa Resort
40 Kooindah Boulevard, Wyong, 2259
Are you looking for an ideal venue for a business conference?
A relaxing weekend getaway but don’t want to travel too far from Sydney or Newcastle?
Or trying to find an ideal venue for your wedding?
Whether for business, a function, or a private weekend getaway, you can now find all the facilities, ambience and luxury you need, just 90 minutes north of the Sydney CBD – at Mercure Kooindah Waters Golf and Spa Resort.
- Be active. Play golf on the Ross Watson-designed, 18-hole championship standard golf course – or try the private gym or tennis courts.
- Relax. Visit the endota day spa with luxurious treatment rooms or the indoor 25m lap pool, leisure pool, spa or sauna.
- Indulge. Enjoy a meal at the exclusive Karinyas Restaurant and Wine Bar overlooking the stunning golf course and wetlands.
- Explore. Go wine tasting in the Hunter Valley, just a 40 minute drive, or visit the beaches of the Central Coast in under 30 minutes. Nearby Tuggerah Lake also offers serene picnic spots and a plethora of water sports with kayaks and bicycles for hire. Local National Parks boast a multitude of walking tracks, and the Yarramalong and Dooralong Valleys offer horse riding, kids’ activities, art galleries and charming villages.
Conferences and Events
Mercure Kooindah Waters Golf and Spa Resort offer everything you need for a conference or event. There are six indoor function rooms, all with natural light and the Kooindah Ballroom boasts wetland views as well as many various outdoor areas to choose from.
Mercure Kooindah Waters offer an ideal location to celebrate your wedding and exchange vows, overlooking the glorious golf course and surrounding wetlands The resort has all the requirements you need for your special day with ceremony and reception venues, dining, accommodation and a day spa all onsite.
Mercure Kooindah Waters has a variety of Accommodation styles available to their guests from hotel rooms to spacious self-contained apartments - including standard king rooms or one and two and bedroom self contained apartments. Most rooms offering beautiful views over the golf course with private balconies.
- Standard Rooms: King bed or the option of twin share
- 1 Bedroom Apartment: Queen bed
- Kitchenette facilities including a microwave, kettle, bar fridge, sink, cutlery and crockery
- Ensuite bathroom
- LCD TV
- Pay-per-view movies
- Wireless internet access
- Private balcony (in most rooms)
- 2 Bedroom Apartment: 2 x Queen beds / Full Kitchen + laundry / 2 x LCD TV
Famous for its surf beaches, waterways, national parks and picturesque villages, the Central Coast offers the perfect blend of natural beauty with family-friendly tourist attractions and activities including:
- The recently expanded and refurbished Westfield Shoppingtown Tuggerah is 5 minutes drive from the Resort and is home to major department stores, hundreds of specialty stores and a Greater Union cinema complex.
For Family Fun
- Local beaches: the Central Coast features some of the best beaches in NSW. Favourites include the surf beaches at The Entrance and Shelly Beach, and Norah Head boasts a surf rock pool that is very popular with families and children, and all are within a 10 minute drive from Mercure Kooindah Waters Central Coast. Closer to the Resort are many places to swim on the shores of Tuggerah Lake.
- Australian Reptile Park & Wildlife Sanctuary: established in 1948 by Australia's first naturalist, Eric Worrell, the Australian Reptile Park & Wildlife Sanctuary is a zoo with a difference. The Park saves up to 300 lives a year through its snake and spider venom-milking program and is home to a variety of Australian wildlife. See crocodiles, snakes, American alligators, giant tortoises and pythons. There are also cute and cuddly mammals including koalas, kangaroos, platypus, echidnas, Tasmanian devils and dingoes. Open 9am-5pm daily.
- Australia Walkabout Wildlife Park: just off the F3 between Hornsby and Gosford, this 170 acre wildlife sanctuary is home to around 180 species of indigenous mammals, reptiles, amphibians and birds, insects and spiders. The Park's tours include animal feedings, bushtucker and bush medicine talks, Aboriginal sites, art, history and music. Open daily 9.30am-5pm daily.
- Erina Ice World: one of the Central Coast's most popular attractions for the kids, Erina Ice World offers an ice skating rink with a giant screen playing the latest video clips, a huge grandstand for hockey games and ice shows. There's also a warm lounge area serving coffee and snacks and it is conveniently located at Erina Fair so you mum and dad can shop or relax whilst the kids wear themselves out on the ice rink.
- Feed the pelicans: daily feedings at The Entrance Foreshore (3.30pm) and Woy Woy (3pm)
For Activity & Adventure Seekers
- Go surfing, kayaking or fishing
- Central Coast Surf School has been introducing new-comers to the surfing lifestyle for more than 10 years in some of the most beautiful and unspoiled beaches that the east coast of Australia has to offer. The School offers school holiday programs, private and group lessons for beginners through to novice surfers.
- Southern Adventures offers kayak hire, lessons and guided tours including their popular Oyster Tour. Paddle the beautiful Brisbane Waters and Woy Woy Bay weaving amongst oyster farms and past Pelican Island, breeding ground of the famous Woy Woy pelicans before stopping at Waterfall Bay for a lunch on a secluded beach. Taste oysters and learn about how they are grown before finish the tour with the daily pelican feeding.
- Glenworth Valley Horse Riding: with more than 200 horses to choose from with gentle horses for nervous beginners to more challenging horses for the experienced rider, Glenworth Valley caters to the needs of all riders. Visitors to Glenworth Valley have the option of free range riding for experienced rides or guided riding to suit all abilities. Glenworth Valley is also home to a host of other adventure sports including kayaking, 4WD quad bike tours, abseiling, laser skirmish and orienteering/ bushwalking.
- Fishing: renowned as a fisherman's paradise, the Central Coast offers excellent recreational and sport fishing. The award-winning Central Coast Charters offers game and reef fishing charters in search of Marlin, Yellowfin Tuna, Albacore, Snapper, Jewfish, Kingfish and more. Central Coast Charters also offer river cruises around Broken Bay, the Hawkesbury River, Cowan Creek and Brisbane Waters and ocean cruises between Sydney and the Central Coast.
- Scenic joy flights: enjoy a bird's eye view of the Central Coast's beautiful natural bushlands and vast waterways with a 15 or 30 minute scenic joy flight. If you are more of an adventurous thrill-seeker, you'll love the 20-minute aerobic flight.
- Paintball: a fabulous day of fun for family and friends, paintball (also known as skirmish) is war games where no one gets hurt! Players must be at least 18 years of age. All equipment is supplied including safety gear and instruction.
More accommodation in Gosford